Welcome to Guhagar Handicaped Association
Guhagar Handicaped Association is a non profit organization registered under the societies registration act 1860. The concept of GHA is to help handicapped and solving their difficulties. We are based in Guhagar block in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra State. The organization has been formed in 25.3.2002 by handicapped persons of Guhagar Taluka. GHA under the great leadership of Sr. Social worker resp. Annasaheb Shirgaonkar, Dabhol. The organization is registered on 7.5.2002 by Charitable commissioner, Ratnagiri. The organization consisting of 30 members initially, today 937 of handicapped have registered their membership.
Our Vision : We are committed to make a coordinated effort and compassion to transform social attitudes towards handicapped persons.
Our Mission : We committed to provide the necessitous of social, Cultural, Educational & moral support to handicapped persons.
- To develop social, cultural, educational , regional, moral intellectual and physical at all levels.
- To make aware concerns of the handicapped & promote their issues.
- To obtain govt. schemes, educational material for handicapped persons.
- To create self employment by conducting various courses of workshop is essentially required for the persons above 18 yrs as there is no such workshop at throughout Ratnagiri dist.
- To run the inhouse journal
- To organnise competition and fairs.
- To appreciate and encourage work of handicapped persons
- To organize different study tours.
- To help for medical expenses.
- The institute has conducted 31 medical test campaign since last 9 yrs. and issued free certificate to all types of 893 handicapped pesons by Civil Surgeons, Ratnagiri by saving a long distance of 220 Kms to and fro, physical strain time and money.
- The information of professional guidance and govt schemes is provided twice in a year by the institute.
- The institute has managed to obtain handicapped identity card, concession for travelling while in ST and in Rail for handicapped persons.
- The institute has made continuous efforts and created self confidence and determination b by arranging cricket tournaments for handicapped persons every year.
- The institute is also helping needy persons giving financial aids to build their stalls at different places in fair and festivals to manage their timely income source
- The institute is also organizing Tailoring classes for female handicapped by charging nominal fees from them.
- The continuous efforts is done by participating Pulse Polio Campaign and canvassing the same by fixing banners and posters to create public awareness.